Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Past Four Days

We have been home for four days now and what an experience. Today, Sunday, Grace has been with me most of the day but has allowed herself to be passed between Danielle and I with little fuss. The three prior days she has been exclusively with Danielle. Madyson is having a hard time adjusting as she has regressed some, being argumentative and not following directions. She is also over dramatic about the slightest of bumps. She just does not realize that she will always be my little princess. I know this is normal and hopefully in a week or so she will complete her adjustment.

Grace is amazing as she appears to be picking up English amazingly fast. She follows our commands so well I wonder if she has been taught some English?


Are you listening to me?












Grace's first Sabbath at church:







3 comments:

  1. I followed your trip to China and thank you for sharing about it. Your daughter's are so cute! You have a lovely family!

    Best,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so gorgeous... I remember a few years back 'when' we were waiting for so long I came across you and your wait... we had a LID of April 5th '06 and today... I was just goofing off with Shauna sleeping and low and behold... there you were... I cannot believe it... she is so gorgeous... I was so over the moon when I saw your face and saw that you have been and are back from China... this is awesome... I have been home over a year now.. never a dull moment and no time... don't be a stranger... drop by... take care... Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have twice adopted from China. DD#1 was a little over 3 when we travelled to China to adopt DD#2 who was just under 2 (they are 14-months apart). DD#2 clung to DH in China so everything was fine with DD#1. When we returned home and DH back to work, DD#2 started loving on me more and more and that is when DD#1 decided that her new sister needed to go back to China. We saw all kinds of not-nice new behaviors from her. It was a very trying 6-months. We made efforts to give DD#1 special one-on-one Mommy time and we began using the book 123 Magic. All helped but it was a trying time for everyone!

    Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete